You had me at chocolate chip cookie dough. Making it a dip and adding vanilla wafers and graham crackers? You’ve got to be kidding me. Excuse me while I turn Netflix on, continue wearing my PJ’s (I mean, who puts real people clothes on when you have a day off work? Don’t lie..you’re reading this in your PJ’s), and binge on this delightful dessert appetizer.
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup brown sugar, slightly packed (I’m not sure what “packed” really means, but mine came in a box)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature (Time saver: microwave for 15 seconds and you’re ready to go. Who has time to wait for the cheese to get to room temperature?)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used regular size because I had some in my cabinet)
- In medium saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar over medium heat until sugar has completely dissolved. Remove pan from heat and whisk in the vanilla extract. Set aside and let cool.
- Cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar for 1-2 minutes in large bowl (I used my mixer on medium. More clean up, but preventing arthritic hands at a young age)
- Slowly pour (or just regular pour because gravity doesn’t have speed settings) butter mixture into cream cheese mixture, add vanilla extract. Beat until the mixture is combined and not separated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Serve with graham crackers, vanilla wafers, and animal crackers.
Recipe Website: Chef In Training